You might be surprised at the number of people who reach out to a Florida Slip and fall attorney each year after sustaining a serious injury from a fall. Or maybe you’re not surprised at all, because Falls account for over 8 million hospital emergency room visits, representing the leading cause of visits. Slips and falls account for over 1 million visits per year.
At Felice & Ehrlich, our team of experienced attorneys are well versed in all aspects of trip and fall, and slip and fall cases. We know how quickly your life can change — one instant, one fall, and potentially a lifetime of medical complications and expenses — because of the negligence of premises owners or managers. Felice & Ehrlich helps innocent victims hold responsible parties liable for their negligence, and obtain compensation for medical bills and lost wages, pain and suffering and ensure that safety protocols are followed in the future.
If you have suffered a slip and fall injury due to unsafe conditions contact an experienced Florida slip and fall attorney Felice & Ehrlich today for a FREE consultation. If you or a loved one has suffered from a slip and fall injury call us now at (561) 444-8822 or contact us.
Trip and fall accident statistics
Some key statistics for trip and fall accidents include the following:
- Falls are one of the leading causes of unintentional injuries in the U.S. (National Security Council Injury Facts 2011)
- Falls account for over 8 million hospital emergency room visits, representing the leading cause of visits. Slips and falls account for over 1 million visits per year
- The number of falls and fatalities among the 65+ demographic is four times the number of fall deaths among all other age groups. (National Security Council Injury Facts 2011)
- Slips, trips and falls cause 15% of all accidental deaths and are second only to motor vehicle accidents as a cause of fatalities. (OSHA)
- Apartments and condos are among the most-sued entities. (Graziadio Business Review)
- Wal-Mart experiences approximately 1,000 customer injuries per day due to slipping on wet floors and merchandise, or being hit by falling objects. (Graziadio Business Review)
Types of trip and fall accidents
Felice & Ehrlich personal injury attorneys have experience litigating a vast array of slip, trip and fall scenarios. Your shoe may slip across a wet floor, or substance on the ground. An uneven sidewalk surface or cluttered aisle may cause you to trip. Or you may tumble down and suffer injury from an unsafe ramp or staircase.
Unreasonably dangerous situations that cause slip and trip accidents include:
- Water or liquid left on the ground
- Grease and polished floors
- Loose flooring or carpeting
- Uneven sidewalks and walking surfaces
- Unnecessary clutter
- Electrical cords
- Fuel spills
- Concealed holes
Accidental falls may take place on:
- Store aisles
- Parking lots
- Anywhere that has a sudden change in elevation
Slip and fall injuries cover the gamut from neck/spine injuries, broken bones and amputations, to traumatic head injuries, lacerations and cosmetic disfigurements. In tragic cases, the victim can even die from the injuries suffered during a slip and fall.
The Palm Beach Gardens law firm of Felice & Ehrlich is committed to helping victims and their families recover compensation for the economic and emotional damages suffered as the result of a property owners negligence.
Thousands of slip and fall claims are filed each year. Victims often suffer serious, life-altering injuries that can have catastrophic results. If you have suffered a slip and fall, you need a lawyer to determine whether you are owed damages for the negligence of a property or business owner.